How to remove unwanted hair, Having hair in odd places is unwanted hair that can cause embarrassment for some, especially when it is exposed in public places such a beach or a swimming pool.
There are various areas of unwanted hair. Men usually get unwanted hair mostly in the chest and at the back, while women can have unwanted hair in the face and their legs.
This guide will go through the various options people have of removing unwanted hair and consider the advantages and disadvantages of each and the costs involved for each hair removal option.
What causes unwanted hair? People can get unwanted hair due to genetic predisposition i.e. it follows through their familial line. Also, people from certain parts of the world are more likely to have unwanted hair. Women get unwanted hair through too much androgen, giving them some male characteristics. Some medication side effects can also be responsible for causing unwanted hair.
Laser hair removal involves applying a laser beam aimed at the hair follicles responsible for growing the hair in the unwanted areas. It is not really invasive and is not painful.
Laser hair removal treatment has gained in popularity because the costs of have come down due more competition as more doctors have started opening cosmetic surgeries that perform the laser hair removal procedure.
- Quick and efficient way of removing unwanted hair. Laser hair removal is possibly the best solution for those who are extremely hairy.
- It’s not very invasive and isn’t painful. Some discomfort during the procedure might be experienced though.
- Laser provides permanent hair removal.
- Costs more than other hair removal procedures.
- Will need more than one session of laser treatment.
- Although it is supposed to be permanent, in some cases people have experienced regrowth of hair sometime after the laser hair removal treatment.
- The area treated may have a reddish appearance from the intense laser beam that would have been applied. This is usually temporary and subsides after a few days.
- The cost of laser hair removal will vary considerably depending on the size of the area to be treated. For example, if the whole back needs to be treated, it can cost significantly more than a small patch in the chest. Typically, laser hair removal costs start from around $150 for a small area.
However, the laser hair removal price will also vary further on factors such as the reputation of clinic, the specialist performing the laser treatment and location of the surgery.
Tweezing involves the pulling of hair from root by gripping the hair using a pair of tweezers. Tweezing works best on thinner hair. Thick coarse hair is more difficult and substantially more painful.
- It’s cheap. All that is needed is a pair of tweezers.
- It can provide a temporary solution
- Has to be done on either individual hair strand or at most a few at a time. The more hairs pulled the more painful it will be.